Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Where I Disappeared To



I thought I'd share a bit of a movie I'm scoring. It is not mixed or sweetened in any way yet, so bear that in mind as you listen. There is a pay off at the end, so if you're not a big texture fan, remind yourself that you will eventually be glad you sat through the first two and a half minutes. Or just skip to the end.
I chose this piece to show because, honestly, it was convenient. I had shown this bit to the director over the interweb-net, and it is the only thing I have bounced from the recording session. But I like it.
There is no picture because the film has not dropped yet, and I want to be respectful to those who would rather people saw it without a time code, and other imperfections. This part is about a chair (who comes to life, and goes on a journey through the city). Here he is running away from scary things, then feeling depressed, then triumphant. To put it in a terrible nutshell.

No comments: